Saturday, July 14, 2007

Dreams are enough for me

In the morning light
Half awake and half asleep
Have you ever laid there thinking
Was it all a dream?
But you reach out and she's there
Every moment, everywhere
Have you ever been in love?

Have you ever felt
How far a heart can fall
Have you ever stayed up waiting
For a telephone call
Just to hear her say hello
Cause you miss each other so
Have you ever been in love?

Have there been times to laugh
And times you really want to cry
Finding reasons to believe her
cause you'd die a little if she lied
And when in times of doubt
Have you ever tried to work it out
But still she leaves you wondering
What it's all about

And when she's far away
Have you ever felt the need to stray
And tried and then discovered
It just doesn't pay
Cause with her, you can be true
And with her, you can be you
Have you ever been in love?

Have there been times to laugh
And times you really want to cry
Finding reasons to believe her
Cause you'd die a little if she lied
And when in times of doubt
Have you ever tried to work it out
But still she leaves you wondering
What its all about

And when the night comes down
Can you call your house a home
Do you dream you're still together
And wake up alone
Have you ever been in love
The way that I'm in love
Have you ever been in love?
Have you ever been in love?


Yes I have.


I haven’t heard this song in a while, and this has never been a favourite at any one time in my life. But as I was getting out of my car tonight, it started playing. And I was suddenly drawn to it, and stayed in the car to listen it through.

There’ve been so many going-ons in the last 2 months and I simply don’t know how to pen it down. But here's the summary...

I left someone I loved recently as we were heading in different directions in life and there was no way we could reconcile our goals. Some feel it’s harsh of me, some feel relieved, some feel pity, some were disappointed. It would have been easier for everyone if I had stayed. I would’ve been comfortable, really. But i knew i had to let go sooner or later, and sooner could've been less painful. Maybe I am wrong, that, i will never know.

At the end of it all, i still miss him sorely. Only I need to know that. Yet, sometimes, I've an urge to run into his arms to seek shelter from all the rumbles in my life. I miss him so...

Moving on...recently I met up someone after a long time. As we were talking, emotions that I haven’t truly deeply felt in a very long time started trickling in… it’s too wide a spectrum to name so I shan’t try.

I felt a little part of me flicker alive...for that fleeting moment.

Don't be mistaken, the emotions didn't surface because i still had feelings for this person. They're due to a wave of familiarity that hit me then as if my past flashed before me as we were talking.

I guess part of me missed the life I used to lead, the people i used to hold so dear, the excitement about life i used to have, loving others without reservations...etc, and with this fleeting feelings of familiarity, i felt alive for a brief moment under the dark sky. It was exhilarating, yet immensely saddening as well.

I’ve loved this friend before, ‘for the man he wants to be and for the man he almost is’. Although those feelings were lost along the way in many harsh words and cold denials, he’ll always be one of the few I'll hold close to my heart.

And as I was listening to his dreams, his frustrations, his loneliness and seeing how much of himself he’s still willing to give up for others, I debated if he was still the same person I had known. He has definitely changed...yet there was something strangely familiar...and it unsettled me coz i couldn't put a finger onto what it was.


In the morning light , half awake and half asleep
Have you ever laid there thinking, Was it all a dream?

Yes it was probably as fleeting as a dream, but it's enough for me.

2 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, July 15, 2007, Blogger avalon said...

This is a very nice post.

Whatever happens, I am here too. Though not physically always there. :)

 
At 4:44 PM, July 19, 2007, Blogger プルート said...

this is life.

I feel the same way u feeling. but not for the same person lar.

well...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home