Thursday, July 19, 2007

Past vs Present: 0 - 1

My past caught up with me these few weeks... I've met people I've loved before, I've met people I haven't spent time with in a long while, I've done things i've always wanted to do but never had time to within a short span of a few weeks.

We reminisced about the happy memories, talked about our petty squabbles, questioned life, shopped with much vigor, drove through long roads blasting the music...etc.

Yeah, i definitely missed the past. I have always did.

At a point in my life, I missed them so much that I would've given up everything I have got just to dwell in the 'what was.' I didn't dare commit much to the future coz there was always a nagging fear that I would gladly go back to the past if it ever came back.

But... when all the things in my past flooded back into my life in these weeks... I realized... that i didn't miss it as much as i thought i did. Anti-climax! Wahahaha...

I had missed those people terribly once... But only when they came back into my life, did i realize... in my heart, I've already let them go a long time ago.

And knowing that, I finally had a break-through. There's nothing left in the past that I can't let go of anymore. I'm walking on coz i know whatever i want isn't behind me... but ahead.

simply logic? But it took me a long time to realize...and a great loss before i could see it.

Well, i'm going diving tomorrow! There's some apprehension coz I suddenly seem to have an unknown fear of the whole diving experience. Unexplainable since I've always loved it. Somehow, with THAT loss, I seem to have become a rather incomplete individual, having insecurities and fears I had never thought i would have.

*grin* But...i'm gonna go face that fear straight on and 'test the waters' again... who knows what other treasure i'll find when i'm there. :P

4 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, July 21, 2007, Blogger Tank23 said...

ooi, from the way it looks.. it seem that u ve..erm.. with ..
dunno much, dunno wat to say, dunno if i shld say.. but this i know - u r big & ugly enough to take care of urself. hang in there, there r those that come n go n those that care. kopi anytime.

 
At 4:47 PM, July 21, 2007, Blogger イーフ said...

i agree.
there are those who come and go, and those that care..

Anyway,your blog contains very memorable dive trips we shared.. and the men we been with..

 
At 11:54 PM, July 24, 2007, Blogger dorothy said...

Tank...don't have such a dirty mind lar.

Girl...yeah, hmm...the dives were fun...too bad we haven't dived together for such a long time!

 
At 12:05 AM, July 25, 2007, Blogger Tank23 said...

???
wat dirty mind?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home